A comprehensive scheme for Smart Card testing and certification for Ministry of Transport has been developed by Standardization Testing & Quality Certification Directorate (STQC) in association with the National Informatics Centre (NIC). An MOU has been signed between NIC and STQC for implementing this scheme in the country.
The smart card being used in India for Driving License/ Vehicle Registration Certificate (DL/RC), Multi-purpose National Identity Card (MNIC), Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and Electronic Passport (e-Passport) are jointly tested by NIC & STQC by using test tool and test script developed by IIT (Kanpur) and certified by NIC for SCOSTA operating system.
The testing of smart card covers contact and contact less cards as follows:
1. Contact cards:
- Module (Chip with contact pads embedded in card)
- Smart Cards
2. Contact less cards:
- Inlays (with Chip & Antenna) on a plastic card
Smart card testing is limited to the SCOSTA operating system for:
- Compliance to ISO 7816 command set in soft mask & hard mask
- Interoperability of smart card with software application
The present scope of testing & certification does not include any other components such as smart card readers, computer terminals, network, and software application as well as back-end processing systems.
The operational aspects of the smart card covering initialization, personalization, issuance, distribution, usage and revocation/ renewal processes used in the applications are also out of the scope.
- A team of competent Professionals qualified as per international requirements.
- Government of India organization, able to act truly as an independent third party, with high degree and confidentiality and integrity.
- Able to offer services in a very cost effective, competent and credible manner with customer care as the focus.
Complete scheme document is available at: http://www.scosta.gov.in/
|Name and Designation
|Suresh Chandra, Scientist G
|Phone: 011 - 24301382, 24364878
Email: suresh AT stqc.gov.in