Common Criteria Certification
The Indian Common Criteria Certification Scheme (IC3S), operated by STQC Dte, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, has the recognition by Common Criteria Recognition Arrangements (CCRA), as a Certificate Authorizing Nation.
With India Becoming Authorizing Nation under CCRA means that now IT Products tested and Certified in India up to EAL 4 are acceptable not only in India but also in other 26 member countries of CCRA, without re-testing under the mutual recognition arrangement. This means that INDIA through STQC, has now been authorized to certify IT Products as per Common Criteria Standards up to Assurance level 4 ( EAL 4).
The purpose of the Indian Common Criteria Certification Scheme (IC3S), is to evaluate and certify IT Security Products and Protection Profiles (PP) against the requirements of Common Criteria Standards ver 3.1 R2, at assurance levels EAL 1 through EAL 4. The scheme ensures that security evaluations of ICT products are performed to consistent, globally-acceptable security standards like Common Criteria (CC) – an ISO 15408 Standard, and certifications that are mutually acceptable globally under CCRA.
Benefits of Certification
This provides users of IT Security products with confidence in the security functionality provided. It also provides users with a metric to compare the security capabilities of products that they are intending to buy.
The scheme is intended to serve many communities of interest with very diverse roles and responsibilities.
- IT product developers,
- IT security Product vendors,
- Value-added resellers of IT security product,
- Systems integrators for IT security infrastructure
- IT security researchers,
- Acquisition/procurement authorities of IT Security product
- Consumers of IT Security products,
Why to Choose STQC?
- Enhances trust of a CC certified IT product for use by public/ private organization.
- A team of competent Professionals qualified as per international requirements.
- Government of India organization able to act truly as an independent third party, with high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Cost effective evaluation at an Indian laboratory in competent and credible manner.
- Exclusive body to grant CC certification
- Evaluation facility accredited by A2LA, USA as per ISO/IEC 17025
For details on the CC Certification process, please visit our website at www.commoncriteria-India.gov.in
|Name and Designation
|A Banati Scientist F
e security Services
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology,
Electronics Niketan, III Floor, 6,CGO Complex,
New Delhi - 110 003
|Phone: 011 - 24301361
abanati AT stqc.gov.in
Fax: 011 - 24363083