Common Criteria Certification
Common Criteria evaluation is an impartial assessment of an IT product by an independent body.
The Indian Common Criteria Certification Scheme (IC3S) has been set up by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) as part of Cyber Security Assurance initiatives of the Government of India. The purpose of the scheme is to evaluate and certify IT Security Products and Protection Profiles (PP) against the requirements of Common Criteria Standards ver 3.1 R2, at assurance levels EAL 1 through EAL 4. Along with other 24 countries, India has already become a member CCRA as a Certificate consuming nation and soon will be recognized as a Certificate authorizing nation.
Certification confirms that the TOE complies to its security target to the claimed assurance level and that the evaluation has been conducted in accordance with the Standard of the scheme i.e. Common Criteria standards part 1, 2, and 3 and Common Evaluation Methodologies(CEM).
Benefits of Certification
This provides users of IT Security products with confidence in the security functionality provided. It also provides users with a metric to compare the security capabilities of products that they are intending to buy.
The scheme is intended to serve many communities of interest with very diverse roles and responsibilities.
- IT product developers,
- IT security Product vendors,
- Value-added resellers of IT security product,
- Systems integrators for IT security infrastructure
- IT security researchers,
- Acquisition/procurement authorities of IT Security product
- Consumers of IT Security products,
Why to Choose STQC?
- Enhances trust of a CC certified IT product for use by public/ private organization.
- A team of competent Professionals qualified as per international requirements.
- Government of India organization able to act truly as an independent third party, with high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Cost effective evaluation at an Indian laboratory in competent and credible manner.
- Exclusive body to grant CC certification
- Evaluation facility accredited by A2LA, USA as per ISO/IEC 17025
For details on the CC Certification process please visit our website at www.commoncriteria-India.gov.in
Sr. Director & Head
|Phone: 011 - 24363378
arvind AT mit.gov.in
Fax: 011 - 24363083